This week has been all about preparing you for the Thanksgiving holiday and the Christian Year’s season of Advent, here at My Song In The Night. In case you missed anything, here are links to these articles, as well as a helpful link for worship leaders who are looking for Scripture verses and liturgical readings for Advent worship service planning:
- What Is Advent? Why And How Should You Observe It?
- Advent Song Analysis: “Come Thou Long Expected Jesus” by Charles Wesley
- Thanksgiving Testimonies: How To Share Your Story On Thanksgiving Day
- Free Thanksgiving Playlist: 22 Worship Songs Of Praise And Thanksgiving
* Readings posted in theopensourcebook.org are free for worship leaders and planners to use in writing liturgy and planning church worship services. Simply attribute the reading to “theopensourcebook.org” in your PowerPoint slides or printed material.
Next week at My Song In The Night we’ll post more Thanksgiving/Advent articles, as well as something several of you have asked for:
- How To Compose Tunes For Hymn Texts And Other Pre-Existing Song Lyrics
And while we’re having a look ahead, some friends of ours at Sojourn have recorded a new album of Christmas standards, hymns and covers. Look at the track list, listen to a song and pre-order here!
Thank you for reading our post. You can hear songs from our new worship record “Parker’s Mercy Brigade” for free in the top-right sidebar of this website, and purchase it – half of all proceeds go to NadusFilms.com, who documents social justice issues around the world and partners with local organizations to provide humanitarian relief and Christian witness. And you can subscribe to this blog for free by clicking the RSS icon or signing up via email in the right-hand sidebar.
— Bobby & Kristen
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.